This job description, in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be perform by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions to perform other job-related duties as requested subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Spirit Of Excellence Inc., Rhythm of Life Adult Day is looking for heart centered, caring individuals who are enthusiastic about the difference they can make in the lives others’.
The “Activities Support Assistant,” actively participates and creates a flourishing atmosphere for adults with intellectual development disabilities by:
• Going on community outings / field trips.
• Teaching everyday lifestyle skills and activities.
o Music, Physical Health Training, Dancing, Art, Health & Safety Rights Driven Training
• Provide interpreting for conferences, telephone calls, ceremonies, field trips, or any other pertinent conversations that may occur during regular schedule care.
Position available in Cuyahoga County
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited school
• Ability to provide oral interpreting.
• Must have at minimum two years previous experience working with individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities.
• Valid Ohio driver’s license
• Automobile insurance
• Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
• Must pass background checks.
• First Aid / CPR Certification within 60 days
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to collaborate with staff, CCBDD Support Admit. & Guardians
• Normal classroom/outdoor environment and moderate noise levels
Serious inquiries only:
Contact Spirit of Excellence, Inc. at (216) 505-5332.